15 April 2011

Solid Food

I miss eating solid food!! You never realize what your favorite foods are until you cannot eat any of them.  I am recovering from mono that was disguised as strep and after taking an antibiotic that was suppose to rid me of this dreaded illness, I have had an allergic reaction.  My gums are swollen, my teeth hurt, my throat still makes me sound like I'm croaking and I cannot chew solid food!!! I'm stuck on a liquid, bland diet that consists of chocolate frozen yogurt and chicken noodle soup!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm learning to hate frozen yogurt!

I wish I had a large pizza, covered with mushrooms, canadian bacon, green peppers, black olives, and pepperoni.  After that large pizza, I would then eat my newly established love affair of Nutella pizza with a side of Double Stuffed Oreos with the yellow creme for spring. After j'ai les dents du fond qui baignent (for those of you who can't understand french, it means "I'm Overstuffed"), I will continue eating just for the mere reason that I can.  Next on the menu: homemade tamales from my Nana's house with fresh chili sauce and sour cream, a side of green chili chicken enchiladas, and the biggest bowl of my mom's homemade green chili sausage queso aside a big bad of tortilla chips.  Then after this wonderful meal, I would go to my favorite restaurant and eat the best triple chocolate cake known to mankind.

Then I would come home and make my Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies.
I got the idea from my ex's sister but after she was unwilling to share her delectable recipe, I came up with one of my own.



Put:
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 6 1/2 tbsp of sugar
Into a bowl and beat until fluffy.

Add:

  • 2 eggs
Then Beat until mixed.

Add

  • 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • 4 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 cup of flour
Then Beat until mixed thoroughly.

Finally, Add:

  • 2 3/4 cup of old-fashioned whole oats
  • 2 3/4 cup of shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1 1/2 cup of milk or semi-sweet (personal preference) chocolate chips 
Hand mix until batter is fully stirred together. Use a small teaspoon sized table spoon to shape cookies and drop onto a non-stick cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until browned. To store the cookies: use parchment paper to separate rows and put in tightly sealed Tupperware containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment