24 March 2011

Functionality Meets Like-ability

Could every house be made to fit the needs of the people looking for one without having to sell your children and all worldly-possessions?

I've been noticing a pattern of things I naturally come across on the internet.  My mom is moving (since I live at home) it affects me...Do I move out next year (junior year of college) or do I continue living rent free in a new (to our family at least) house? And looking up all these possible houses, I tend to think, "why couldn't people design the home according the the way they want?" I mean if you want a book nook, make one! Ideas I would have in my house: Tire swing hanging from your ceiling (childhood dream of mine), a slide in the middle of your house (for your lazy moments of not wanting to walk down the stairs), a dog bedroom (mine hog the bed all the time and I really wish they had their own space, a room with no windows and really comfy chair-couches (for movies and if you just want to live like a bat for a day), sunroom as the top floor of your house with a patio (california necessity--plan on moving back to my native land after graduation), a pool with a really cool water fountain (never had one), a computer tv (i need at least a 42" to navigate my computer...this 13"er is not acting in my favor, especially when I want to watch my tv shows and movies or even music videos)  ...I can't remember some of my others, but I'll randomly post them if I can think about them later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment