18 February 2011

Time

Where has this week gone?? It's already Friday and I feel like I was just waking up Monday morning completely wired on caffeine to get me through class.

Upside: I am going to Paris this summer!!
Downside: Still 101 days until I am stepping off the plane in a foreign country.

I have actually never been out of the US before. I feel like such a mundane, close-minded person after realizing that. Here I am wanting to explore the world and jetset off to all of these different places, and yet I live at home, go to college, and do not travel outside of three states.
 In order to travel the world, one can:
a) win the lottery
b) have parents willing to allow you to go at a younger age and have the means to do so 
c) know someone who would be willing to take you
d) go abroad through school

I prefer D. Above all the others, I chose the last because with all of the other circumstances, you are relying on other outside influences to get you from Point A to B. Personally, I have always enjoyed the dream of one day going of on my own (preferably with a best friend or two) and just exploring. Come May 30, my time has come! Paris--the City of Lights (and Fashion)--has people flocking to it every year just to catch a glimpse of this enchanted fortress. Guarded from an insipid and mundane existence, Paris holds a history of cultivated achievement that is presented by an aura pulsating through the veins of every person to have ever encountered it.

How do I seem so insightful about this city that I have never been to before? I DREAM.
I allow my mind to explore different places through books, movies, songs, narratives, and through the eyes of people who are able to tell their stories of adventure and achievement. My idea came to me when I was talking to my sister, who is usually the one to help me realize things (good or bad) about my life.
It's time, we agreed.
  • I have just gotten my life back from a minor speed bump nicknamed "first love".  
  • I have just transitioned through the awkward phase of finding my major and figuring out the answer to the typical question, "where do you see yourself in 5 (10, 20, etc.) years?"
Living a good part of my life through the characters in different mediums, I have taken the reigns and begin my own chapter. I want to view and live the world in present day reality. I love my books and movies, but I was just listening to this song and it said "life's too short to care at all....restore life the way it should be". After hearing that, it really resonated with me. I realized that I used to just wander and let people walk all over me. I applied to the Paris program for the summer and yours truly got in!! I wasn't nervous at all surprisingly; my grades are above average on the college scale, nothing to brag about whatsoever, but I am going to "toot my own horn" by saying that I really am a cool person to talk to. I take a sincere interest in talking to people and learning everything I can about the world around me. I get this weird high off of it. I will never have a drug/substance dependency. Life is too invigorating to even consider it! Even on my darkest days, I still enjoy life. People suck sometimes..but Eh, I get over it.

My idea is a challenge to myself... to seize every opportunity I can to transform myself into the leading heroine of my own life story. There is so much I have to learn about the world, but before I can even begin to consider that, I have to embrace my greatness.  Yes I said it, I am Great. Everyone is! People are just too scared to admit it or too worried about societal pressures to believe it.


STOP Being So Politically Correct and Worrying About What People Think About What You Have To Say, and Enjoy Your Own Life. If you try to live up to social standards, they'll just chew you up and spit you own like you were some dying antelope being devoured by vultures in the hot Sahara sun. Beautiful image isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment