23 January 2011

Simplicity


"You may not be her first, her last, or her only.
She loved before she may love again.
But if she loves you now, what else matters?
She's not perfect, you aren't either,
and the two of you may never be perfect together
but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice,
admit to being human, and making mistakes,
hold onto her and give her the most you can.
She may not be thinking about you every second of the day,
 but she will give you a part of her
that she knows you can break, her heart.
So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze
and don't expect more than she can give.
Smile when she makes you happy,
let her know when she makes you mad,
and miss her when she's not there." 
-Bob Marley

The simplicity of basking in the beauty and serenity of a sunset.  If only life was as simple as living in a moment of the sunset or putting thoughts and feelings into words.  It amazes me to think that these talented artists put to use their "creativity" to express themselves, change people's lives, and speak to millions.  I have known a few aspiring actors and musicians and their ability to put feelings into words or photos or songs fascinates me. I myself have only once wanted a shot at fame and fortune when I was in third grade and still thought I was going to have my princess, Cinderella wedding or one of the other elaborate Disney characters' lives.  People who take those dreams from their childhood and turn them into reality takes a true skill and belief in oneself that only a few can master and many who attempt to imitate.

I have just recently come to the realization that while it takes those few to break through the norm and live up to their dream, my dream now is to just be happy.  I want to travel, live my life, find someone who cares about me, raise a family, and be able to look back at each day knowing that I did all I could to make the best of every situation I was in.  At the end of the day, life without family wouldn't exist.  Mine is my support system regardless of what time zone we live in or how often we see them.  Life isn't worth all the worries and stresses that I myself, being a human being, have fallen into at times.  Is it possible that we are the destruction of ourselves?  If mankind can just "Let Go"of everything and "Just BE", would there be all of the turmoil and chaos in the world still today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment